Welcome to Tiyeni
The Tiyeni Fund was set up by life-long residents of Malawi, who have worked to help rural communities and students for many years:
– demonstrating good farming practices to prevent devastating soil erosion and encourage better crops
three new village farms started in the last six months
– supporting students at schools and colleges and the training of nursery teachers
up to 30 students at all levels funded each academic year
– assisting local villagers to look after their orphans by delivering food, clothes and equipment for nursery schools
these are frequently associated with the farming projects
Malawi is one of the poorest, but one of the friendliest countries in the world. The continuing degradation of the countryside in general and of the soil in particular constitutes a serious national crisis for Malawi.
Wasteful use of land, loss of trees and heavy rain damage leads to poor soil and poor crops and lack of food. Tiyeni encourages simple farming improvements which can turn this around and help villagers to be self sufficient.
Tiyeni means “Let’s go!” and our ultimate aim is to replace the need for handouts of food and fertilizer in rural districts by fostering communities and enabling them to support themselves…..
Tiyeni’s work combines
- Teaching how to grow food crops successfully
- Supporting orphan groups
- Helping students through school and college
Copyright © 2015 Registered charity number 1113274