Hey, thank you for visiting our fundraising ideas page - If you're organising your own fundraising event or just thinking about it, we'd love to hear from you.
Donate your commute for a week
If you are working from home due to coronavirus restrictions, donate the money you would otherwise spend on your commute to work to Tiyeni to help families who are in need. You can do this for a day, week, or even a month. You can do this as a daily transaction, or in one go.
Why not encourage your friends, family or colleagues to do the same, and set up a team on JustGiving and raise more together? You can set up a fundraising page and get started right away through JustGiving.
Click ‘fundraise for us’ and follow the steps to set up your page.
Sell your unwanted clothes or items online, for example on e-Bay, and use the money earned to donate to Tiyeni. You can also sell your old items on Ziffit or Facebook too. You will be surprised at the sorts of things that people are willing to buy!
- Download Ziffit from the App Store or Google play, or visit the desktop site.
- Scan the items you want to get rid of, using your phone camera
- When all the items are scanned, click on the little basket ion in the top hand corner (please note: you must either have 10 items or £5 worth of items to sell)
- Then create an account and follow the instructions
- Ziffit will arrange for a courier to come and collect the items
- At the payment stage select "Donation" as the payment method and on the next screen, type in "Tiyeni" as you chosen charity as the recipient.
- Once they have received your items, they will send the payment within a day!
- Log in to your Facebook account
- From your News Feed, select Marketplace
- Click + Create New Listing, then select Item for Sale
- Select Add Photos to upload a photo of your item from your computer
- Enter a title, the price, and your location, and select a category (example: Furniture, Baby & Kids). You can also add a description. To mark an item as Free, you can enter 0 as the price
- Click Next. If Next is greyed out, make sure you've included a category, title, price, location, and photo
- Select Publish to post your Marketplace listing
- Watch your items sell
- Once the money is in then send a donation directly to us at Tiyeni via our JustGiving link or through our donation page.
A bake sale is always a winner! Whether at home, school or work – baking is a great way to fundraising success. Maybe set up a Bake Off style challenge and get everyone involved.
Many people are very happy to sponsor their friends and family members who are raising funds for charity, especially when they have a clear target. The more people you approach, the more money you will raise!
Finally, please get in touch and tell us about your event.