Catching Raindrops in Africa

7 December 2022

The issue of water in Africa extends to irrigation - 95% of agriculture in Africa is rainfed, yet as little as 5% investments are made to boost the practice. The other 95% investments are made towards irrigated agriculture.

Watch and share this video to raise awareness of the challenge and solutions, including Tiyeni's rainfed Deep Bed farming.

"To increase food and economic security, governments and decision makers need to make a bigger connection with what farmers value the most, yet struggle to manage to the best of their ability without financial support - rainwater."

Sign up for our newsletter

1% For the Plant - Non profit partner

Write to us at:Ian Kerr
8, Brookside
TA19 9RT

Within Malawi, please email the Mzuzu office directly at